A Standalone Noteflight Learn site is used when you do not want to integrate with any other Learning Management System, such as Google Classroom, Canvas, Schoology, PowerSchool, Moodle, Blackboard, etc. To integrate with an LMS, please refer to the LTI Integration or Google Classroom Integrations sections.
Feel free to watch this short video on how to set up your Noteflight Learn site or read the step-by-step instructions below!
To set up your Standalone Noteflight Learn site, please follow the steps below.
1. Login to www.noteflight.com using your user name/email and password.
2. While logged into Noteflight, select the hamburger menu button in the upper left to extend the left panel and select "+ New Site".
You can also use this direct link: https://www.noteflight.com/site/admin#/newSite
3. Select the option that says "Create a Standalone Site" to continue.
4. Choose the title of your Noteflight Learn site and supply a description and image if you like, as shown in our example below. Your Site Name will create the custom login URL for your site.
Choose if you'd like to make the site public which would allow anyone to view public scores and groups. This does not make the whole site open to the public; it only means the scores you choose to share publicly will be visible to those with a link. This is useful for sharing student work with parents, administrators, etc.
Your username within the site will pre-populate with your Noteflight Username but you can change it if you'd like.
If your subscription includes SoundCheck access, you can select if you want to enable video recording for SoundCheck assignments.
Once you have all of the fields filled in, select “Add Site" at the bottom. This creates your brand new Noteflight Learn site with your own URL ending in “.sites.noteflight.com".
Bookmark this site name and give it to your students.
Note* Sometimes students will incorrectly try to log in at www.noteflight.com but their account only exists in your Learn site with its own unique web address, (URL) formatted like “sitename.sites.noteflight.com” (with no www). Please make sure students are logging into this site.
Your site will now be accessible in the left sidebar menu:
5. When you first access your Noteflight Learn site, you are brought to your Manage Site tab where you can add student and teacher accounts from the "Members" list.
6. Add students by selecting “Add Students”, or add teachers by selecting the "Teachers" tab and then “Add Teachers."
7. Enter usernames in the box by typing or copy-pasting one per line.
You may set a password for all users or just leave this field blank. If you set a password, new members may now log in to your site with their new username and given password. If you left the password field blank, tell your site users to leave the password field blank the first time they log in, and they will be prompted to create their own password.
You can also add students using our CSV Rostering.