Noteflight Premium members can record live audio directly into their musical score. Enjoy listening to and sharing a composition with your own audio, or collaborate with other users to record parts.
Watch the short video below or keep scrolling to learn more about this feature.
Audio recording is available for Noteflight Premium and Noteflight Learn customers and works best with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers.
Here’s how it works:
In the Mode
Users can record one track of audio to each musical staff of a score, and can even “punch in” multiple segments on the single track. Each new audio recording will replace the previous audio segment, but you can always use the undo key commands to revert back to a previous take.
For shared scores, each staff can have unlimited users add a single track of audio, and for playback, you can select either the recorded audio or the Noteflight instrument playback using the new Tracks Panel on the right.
The easy setup process helps you adjust the microphone volume and calibrate your computer’s input and output audio timing. Simply press the Setup icon and follow the instructions. This process only needs to happen before your first recording, but you may always repeat if you change instruments or restart your browser.
Using the Track Panel and Mixer Panel in Record Mode, you can customize your recording and play along experience by selecting which parts to hear and choosing either Noteflight instrument or recorded audio playback. Here are a few ideas for using Record Mode:
- Share a score and have a different user record each part.
- Record the vocal line of your song so other users can hear the lyrics.
- Practice improvisation with a recorded rhythm section.
- Teachers can record a demo and share the score with students, allowing them to record along with a model and compare their recording with the teachers.
- Teachers can have students record their parts for performance assessments.